So my favors have come through. People say don’t burn bridges because you never know when you’ll need someone or something again. And it’s all about connections in the end. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that I used to work in media! Because not only my ex-boss, but others connected to him, have agreed to help me out. Because now, I’ll be able to get even. Even with Steven. Even, Steven.

Because of what happened yesterday, I figured I should be in a new Pilates class. I’ve wiped my schedule clean of any house showings – I can’t imagine what those poor clients would go through if I were their agent today. I’m staying at home, ignoring the hang ups on the answering machine which I’m sure are from Steven, and concocting all sorts of wonderful activities for dear Steven and that ho-bag once called my best friend, Laura.

In the last few days, I’ve done a lot of thinking. I’ve done some number crunching. I’ve done some brainstorming. I’ve made some phone calls. I’ve thought about what the rest of my life will entail. And the rest of my life starts tomorrow. Tomorrow, the world will bear witness to a woman scorned. After tomorrow, husbands all over the country will think twice before inviting their divorcee secretaries out for a mojito. They’ll check themselves before they wander into online singles chat rooms. After tomorrow, husbands will be rubbing one out in the shower, instead of signing the room check for their mistress at the Plaza. Steven and Laura have been doing a lot of fucking lately. Now, it’s my turn.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...