Hi. Me again. I guess you know who’s writing this by now. I’m starting to sound like children’s programming on PBS. Sorry. I’ll just get right into it from now on.

Let’s see. Today. Thursday. Steven went to work on his usual 7:00 AM train to the city. Did I say what he does? He’s a financial consultant in a big firm. And he’s been putting so much on his shoulders these days, really climbing up the ladder. Thing is, he’s been climbing so many friggin’ ladders for the last few years, I don’t know which rung he’s on anymore. But I’ll tell you which one I’d like to see him on: the one on the back yard so that he can clean the gutters. But no, it’ll be me doing it because he’ll come home and I’ll just get worried he’s too stressed and over-exhausted. Even in Nantucket on vacation, he was making strategic financial recommendations in his sleep. He probably won’t be home before 11PM. It’s that crazy, his schedule.

I feel bad. Steven’s got real issues to worry about. Recently, the main thing I’ve been worried about is my spot in Pilates class. You see, I’m a regular. They all know and love me there. There is an unwritten rule in Pilates class: newbies stretch in the back. Everyone knows that. Whether it’s Pilates, yoga or aerobics. Everyone knows who sits where, who farts, who pukes and who’s humping the instructor. Anyway, I always sit in the front row, second person from the window. Perfect mirror view, just the right amount of direct sunlight.

Well, today, I got to class and there’s a newbie in my spot. I tapped her on her malnourished shoulder (yes, she pissed me off even more with her tiny wisp of a body) and she looked at me like I was insane. The newbie had the nerve to tell me I was late for class and shrugged me off. Yes, I admit I was late, but no, this Lindsay Lohan-wanna-be was not a regular. But it really irked me when I tried to tap her again, the teacher stopped mid-sit-up and pointed to the back. I mean, I’m a regular. In her class. But I forced myself to swallow all the evil I wanted to spew in her direction (and let me tell you, for a Pilates instructor, she doesn’t have the flattest abs I’ve ever seen) and graciously moved to the back – where I promptly found myself behind Pauline, who is not so “lean”…and let’s just say it’s difficult to see around her to see the instructor or the mirror. I don’t plan on that ever happening again!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...